Irritating glitch in Pages

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am working on a project in Pages, using the yellow-ish photo diary template. At the beginning of every page, I have a title in blue, as suggested by the template, but something strange happens with my two last pages: the titles on these two pages have somehow become connected: the title of page 12 mirrors the one on page 11 and vice versa. Does anyone know how to solve this? It is, in fact, highly irritating...

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Sounds like it is a header. Just don't let it be a header and then you should be able to specify the two as different titles. I have not tried this myself, but it is worth a shot.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Or try using Section Breaks.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    I've spotted a major irritation in Pages, I've got a 30 inch display and if I save a document that fills that display and open it on my 17-inch PB then it assumes the display is as big and I have to manually resize the window from the bottom-right corner as the top-left corner is off the screen.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Pages sucks! Just saying......
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    I love it. Sure, it's not perfect, but I've made countless professional looking documents in MINUTES vs. the hour(s) it took in In-Design etc. over the last few months. I've built and saved my own templates, and I find Pages is where I go first (over MS Word 2004) for document creation.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

I've spotted a major irritation in Pages, I've got a 30 inch display and if I save a document that fills that display and open it on my 17-inch PB then it assumes the display is as big and I have to manually resize the window from the bottom-right corner as the top-left corner is off the screen.

Use the Zoom button in the window title bar to immediately resize the window to fit your screen.