How can I make VPC like Classic?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have Virtual PC 6 and I want the windows apps to appear like classic windows. Not in their own environment, but seperate windows. Classic doesn't have a desktop or anything. How can I make VPC like Classic? Is there any hack/plugin/mod that can make VPC like this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I want to be able to switch between the two kinds (windows on top of mac os x, windows in windows desktop).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

I have Virtual PC 6 and I want the windows apps to appear like classic windows. Not in their own environment, but seperate windows. Classic doesn't have a desktop or anything. How can I make VPC like Classic? Is there any hack/plugin/mod that can make VPC like this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I want to be able to switch between the two kinds (windows on top of mac os x, windows in windows desktop).

What you are asking for is the Red Box. This was the rumored compatibility box for Windows applications under Rhapsody, the precursor to MacOS X. Apple dropped the idea if it ever had it. However, you may look into Darwine, which is a port of WINE to Darwin PPC.