Rate SonyEricsson's Coming "iPod Phone"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The SE W800c/i - FM Radio, Portable Music Player (they put the Walkman logo on it), 2Megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom, Video Recording, Takes Up To 1GB or More Memory Stick Cards, oh yeah... it's a Mobile Phone too

What do ya think? Piccie:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Not to mention it plays AAC files, albeit non-protected ones.

It's on my list of phones to get because I'm due for an upgrade to my K700i soon. I love Sony Ericsson phones and playing regular AAC files is a bonus. We don't need an iPhone, SE phones will work fine with iSync and will perform with Mac OS X's bluetooth file exchange.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    ^ What he said. And it looks sexy.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    What they said. But since I am not a 12 year old girl I will go for the K750 instead (looking like a t630, the most beautiful phone I have ever owned)
  • Reply 4 of 10
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

What they said. But since I am not a 12 year old girl I will go for the K750 instead (looking like a t630, the most beautiful phone I have ever owned)

ROFLMAO ....... *wipes tears of laughter from eyes* ok ok hmm i'll go check out the K750.....

i too am the proud owner of a t630... best mobile phone i have ever owned too

umm... to the optimists above... you do realise it *might* take some time to transfer, say 400mb of AAC files from your HD to the SE phone via Bluetooth....?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I would transfer an album at a time... I use my iPod for heavy listening. The main reason I would buy it would be to continue using Sony Ericsson phones. I had a T610 before, and it was great [it was stolen].

So I need one, and this one looks good, so, why not?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    My favorite feature of my T610 was the way the reception sucked.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I don't know about your reception, but mine was always good. I used it extensively in Europe, and it always had the highest number of bars. In the US, it used to drop a bar or two but it was good.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Well, mine would lose a signal in certain parts of my house. It would lose a signal if, while standing in the back yard, I BENT OVER.

Apparently this is a regional problem. The phone was cool as hell and the features were awesome.

But the reception, at least around here, sucked. A lot.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

umm... to the optimists above... you do realise it *might* take some time to transfer, say 400mb of AAC files from your HD to the SE phone via Bluetooth....?

I'd only ever use it to store a song or two really, to show a mate or use as a ringtone.

The K750i is also in my eyes at the moment, although I quite like the styling of the W800i too (shoot me if you want). I do really like the slider on the K750i to cover the camera lens. Apart from that there doesn't seem to be much between them, does anyone know if the K750i can play AAC files? I can't find that info anywhere...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

I'd only ever use it to store a song or two really, to show a mate or use as a ringtone.

The K750i is also in my eyes at the moment, although I quite like the styling of the W800i too (shoot me if you want). I do really like the slider on the K750i to cover the camera lens. Apart from that there doesn't seem to be much between them, does anyone know if the K750i can play AAC files? I can't find that info anywhere...

hmm no worries mate re: bluetooth

actually by the time i can afford something to replace my t630 (which is fine and dandy for me right now ) bluetooth 2.0 or whatever will probably be standard... for high speed wireless file transfer to your SE phone ...here's hopin'...

i like the slider thing on the k750i, that's sweet. but the K series is just not as svelte as the W800. and yeah, i like the silver-orange color and the svelte-ness of the W800 -- if that makes me a 12-year-old-girl, so be it