buying software for two mac's...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
just wondering, do those of you that have two mac's buy single user licensed software for each each mac, or do you do it another way?

i have a mac mini and am going to buy an ibook/powerbook soon and i know i want to buy atleast iwork. just wondering whats going to be the best/cheapest way to go about buying same software for multiple mac's.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That's totally dependent on what the license is for the software you purchase. Some allow only installation on one machine, some allow you to only *run* it on one machine at a time (but have it on multiple), some allow you N number of installs, some allow you to install it on as many machines as are in your household, etc.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    slickslick Posts: 34member
    is this going to be something easy to find out when i buy software? seems as though iwork is one of those "one computer" only products, so i will probably just buy the 5 family pack.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Does iWork even have copy protection on it? Of course if you are doing commercial stuff, it's good to heed the licence, but I was just wondering?

*What about other things like MacOS. With Tiger and the Family Pack, how do they know how many computers you have it on. Does it have one of those authorization things like iTunes?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    $20 more gets you 4 more licenses with iWork.