PowerBook, expose, and dashboard

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I'm wondering what keys other powerbook users are activating expose with. Due to the special keyboard illumination keys and such up top. I've been using f11, f12, and fn for expose, but I just heard that dashboard is going to need a "hot" key to activate it too (someone said the default is f12). I'm working with the latest generation 17" PB.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ericeasonericeason Posts: 118member
    Quote:

Originally posted by altacleets

So I'm wondering what keys other powerbook users are activating expose with. Due to the special keyboard illumination keys and such up top. I've been using f11, f12, and fn for expose, but I just heard that dashboard is going to need a "hot" key to activate it too (someone said the default is f12). I'm working with the latest generation 17" PB.

I have my pb set up so the the volume, brightness, etc. requires fn+the function keys. I used to have it set up with f11&f12, but have switched it because I will need another key for dashboard.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    produktprodukt Posts: 21member
    oh i like that idea^

is there any other use for the fn key? my 'all aplication' expose is set for that key as of now. haven't yet figured out what to do when dashboard comes rolling along though.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i have fn as my all app key. i'll probably do F8 for dash, F9 for app windows, F10 or 11 for desktop, and F12 is for sizzling keys (system-wide itunes control)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Hmmm, I've just set it up so that Expose is triggered with the screen corners. This seems to me to be the best way to utilize this (very powerful) function... I've heard various people on these forums say that they don't use it very much with the keys as they are, but you're already using the mouse. Expose has become my preferred method of switching between windows now, since all I have to do is move to a mouse corner to trigger it. Initially you'll accidently trigger it now and then, but after a little bit of use, you'll rarely or never accidently hit a corner, and it is unbelievably handy.

When I go back to a windows machine, I can't believe what I did without expose, the "other" form of window management just can't come close...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    QuickSilver

Option + z, a, d for all 3 Exposés.

Yet another QS loyalist.

--B
  • Reply 6 of 6
    powderskier, that is exactly what i do. it works great, i rarely ever used expose before, now i use it ALL the time, its great