Russell Crowe confirms Australian iTMS on April 28th!!!!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I decided this needed it's own forum! After waiting since FOREVER Austrlia looks set to get it's own iTMS.

This was taken from Apple Talk

"Thats right. You heard it here second. Russell Crowe appeared on The John Laws radio show this morning to promote his latest solo music to an Australian audience. At about 10:45am Crowe got talking about availability of his work he mentioned that: "you can download some of music from iTMS which is avalible in australia on the 28th [of April]". This revelation comes after months of speculation on the iTMS Australia release, the most recent of which being of another artist who posted news on their site to mention that they will have tracks available on the iTunes Music Store.

Fans of Russell's band "30 Odd Foot Of Grunts" will be dissapointed to hear that they broke up recently and the only music of Crowe's on the iTunes Music Store may only be his solo work. His former band which formed in 1992 with ol' Russ on vocals and guitar, wasn't exactly a success by music industry standards. Crowe's parting words on the breakup were "I wanted to be the first great rocker named Crowe. Those dreams are over". One AppleTalker has said "the itms would be better off without his music" while many others asked "Russell Crowe is a musican ? Or is he just acting badly?"

Update: Speculation on pricing is still up in the air. Sources have been hovering over the $1.49 mark, with Apple trying for the $1.29 price. Russell Crowe mentioned the tracks would cost $1.80 per track."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Spymac

bexta

Yawn.

So iTMS is going to open some time between 28 April and 20 May and we'll have a choice of music by Russell Crowe or bexta. Yeah, that sounds about right.

It's "30 Odd Foot of Grunt" (singular).

Yes, I wish I didn't know that. At least, I haven't the foggiest who bexta is.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    "Hear that Tugger, my tracks will be available for easy download! That makes me want to.... FIGHT!"
  • Reply 3 of 16
    There is one track that is already on iTMS. I noticed it on one of those changing ads just a few minutes ago. I listened to it, but I though it kinda sucked.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Can you really trust a drunk bully?
  • Reply 5 of 16
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Can you really trust a drunk bully?

You mean Australians? Sure, they might be a little rough around the edges and still a bunch of old convicts but why not. As long as you leave their beer alone they're good drinking mates
  • Reply 6 of 16
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

You mean Australians?

He's a Kiwi. We claimed him as one of us until we realised he's a bit of a dickhead.

So now, officially, he's a Kiwi.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

You mean Australians?

No. I mean Russell Crowe
  • Reply 8 of 16
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Spymac

bexta

Yawn.

So iTMS is going to open some time between 28 April and 20 May and we'll have a choice of music by Russell Crowe or bexta. Yeah, that sounds about right.

It's "30 Odd Foot of Grunt" (singular).

Yes, I wish I didn't know that. At least, I haven't the foggiest who bexta is.

hey Bexta is cool...! no dissin' her matey...

it just sounds like Bexta and Russel Crowe tracks will be available to download very soon on aussie iTMS.

of course you can get a whole lot of tracks as available in US, Europe, etc... jeeez australia is not that backwards we do have major labels selling CDs here you know
  • Reply 9 of 16
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

hey Bexta is cool...! no dissin' her matey...

it just sounds like Bexta and Russel Crowe tracks will be available to download very soon on aussie iTMS.

of course you can get a whole lot of tracks as available in US, Europe, etc... jeeez australia is not that backwards we do have major labels selling CDs here you know

Yeah yeah whatever, which way does the water spin when you flush the toilet? ASS BACKWARDS, I rest my case.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

He's a Kiwi. We claimed him as one of us until we realised he's a bit of a dickhead.

So now, officially, he's a Kiwi.

yup, we prefer to refer to him as australian when he is winning hollywood and other acting awards

otherwise we refer to him as a Kiwi when he's being a boofhead
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Yeah yeah whatever, which way does the water spin when you flush the toilet? ASS BACKWARDS, I rest my case.

well mr. NEUTRAL, i guess your toilet water doesn't spin either way when you flush it huh?

check and mate...!
  • Reply 12 of 16
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:

yup, we prefer to refer to him as australian when he is winning hollywood and other acting awards

otherwise we refer to him as a Kiwi when he's being a boofhead

Dumb Aussies!

We realised he was a complete twat and exiled him across the ditch. At least we have the common sense to not want him at all, even when he is "winning hollywood".

Enjoy your Master and Commander!

• Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

well mr. NEUTRAL, i guess your toilet water doesn't spin either way when you flush it huh?

check and mate...!

Now now, we don't want to offend either direction do we? We actually formed a comity on the matter a hundred years ago, the outcome was that both directions could have equal go at it but in the end the Western Hemisphere had majority vote.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Omega

Dumb Aussies!

We realised he was a complete twat and exiled him across the ditch. At least we have the common sense to not want him at all, even when he is "winning hollywood".

Enjoy your Master and Commander!

ROFLMAO

well, he plays a:

British in Master and Commander

American in A Beautiful Mind, Proof Of Life, Insider, LA Confidential, Virtuosity...

Spanish in Gladiator

lord help us though if Romper Stomper ever gets a major revival for any reason i kid you not, in 1995 in my final year of high school in Brisbane, some kid came up to me and said that "we should put all the asian students in a room and make them watch romper stomper". what a f8ckhead (in this case i am referring to the kid that said that).
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

ROFLMAO

well, he plays a:

British in Master and Commander

American in A Beautiful Mind, Proof Of Life, Insider, LA Confidential, Virtuosity...

Spanish in Gladiator

lord help us though if Romper Stomper ever gets a major revival for any reason i kid you not, in 1995 in my final year of high school in Brisbane, some kid came up to me and said that "we should put all the asian students in a room and make them watch romper stomper". what a f8ckhead (in this case i am referring to the kid that said that).

Will it have the same effect as putting all the white kids in a room to watch Malcolm X?
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Will it have the same effect as putting all the white kids in a room to watch Malcolm X?

possibly.... funny you mentioned that..

for my 'religious studies' class that same year in 1995 in high school i did a 15-minute presentation on Malcom X

i played the angle on "we're all the same man, we should like care and share and love each other..."

...as in i emphasized that malcolm x clearly moved away from the quite fundamentalist nation of islam into a more universal spiritual deal after he did the pilgrimage to mecca and saw white Muslims... and he was like all, i ain't seen so many white muslims before...!

but then he went back to usa with his renewed vision and eventually got shot