Tiger (Pre-Order + New Order Status)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I just recently pre-order my copy of tiger and I noticed a new order status set up. I also noticed that apple is now including a program as follows:

Replaced with New Product

We constantly strive to bring you the latest technologies, and one of our innovations has affected you. After you placed your order, we introduced an upgrade to a product you wanted, so we replaced the product with the upgraded version. The total cost of your order has not increased. You can get the details about your new product by visiting the Apple Store.

I just thought this is of interest. Even though you can still get screwed over if your product ships right before the new product comes out, it still is nice to get a message saying that your order for iLife '04 got changed to iLife '05, etc.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

I just recently pre-order my copy of tiger and I noticed a new order status set up. I also noticed that apple is now including a program as follows:

Replaced with New Product

We constantly strive to bring you the latest technologies, and one of our innovations has affected you. After you placed your order, we introduced an upgrade to a product you wanted, so we replaced the product with the upgraded version. The total cost of your order has not increased. You can get the details about your new product by visiting the Apple Store.

I just thought this is of interest. Even though you can still get screwed over if your product ships right before the new product comes out, it still is nice to get a message saying that your order for iLife '04 got changed to iLife '05, etc.

That happened to me maybe six years ago when I got my G4. I ordered a 450, they upped it to 500 Oh man that was fast back in 1999.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Is it just me, or has the Apple Store order status thing been down for ages? I haven't seen a thread about it, and it's annoying since I ordered Tiger a couple days after it came out and have seen no signs of it shipping.

http://www.apple.com/orderstatus
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jacinto46

Is it just me, or has the Apple Store order status thing been down for ages? I haven't seen a thread about it, and it's annoying since I ordered Tiger a couple days after it came out and have seen no signs of it shipping.

http://www.apple.com/orderstatus

No Problems. Delete all your Apple.com cookies, and it should work.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

No Problems. Delete all your Apple.com cookies, and it should work.

Thanks! Works fine now.