Tiger Launch Events.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have never been, and although I have pre-ordered Tiger (as I can only get the Ed. Disc. online), I still want to head to my local Apple store (Chestnut Hill, MA) to check thigns out.

What can I expect? Will there be a live (via video conference) intro by Mr. Jobs? What else?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    i was at the apple store yesterday and the guy said "we honestly dont know anything at this point" to every one of my questions which is definitely bs since i could smell the new 2.7 Ghz PowerMacs being loaded into the back room...

i would expect:

lottsa mac geeks salivating in a line outside the store waiting for tiger...

new powermacs, imacs, and emacs...

10% discount on everything (although no confirmation of this)...

sweaty mac geeks loading tiger onto their laptops and watching a stupid workshop of features weve already seen before...

free mousepads, dogtags, and a spotlight flashlight or something like that...

highly unlikely possibility of winning a powerbook or ipod...

hmmmmm....sounds just like the place ill be on friday...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Is the 10% discount on everything common?

Also, would that apply to Ed. Discount hardware?

All of a sudden I feel the urge to buy a Mac mini.

... and a shuffle ... and an iMac... LOL
  • Reply 3 of 6
    yuyyuy Posts: 11member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bostongeek

Is the 10% discount on everything common?

Also, would that apply to Ed. Discount hardware?

All of a sudden I feel the urge to buy a Mac mini.

... and a shuffle ... and an iMac... LOL

YEAH

I am also wondering whether or not we can use BOTH education discount & that 10% off, that would be cool.

But I guess this would not be the case.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Is every Apple store having the same release party? There are several in my area. I'm curious which one I should attend.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Chicago (Michigan Ave) was a letdown. I was 4th or 5th in line, but it didn't matter. I had nothing to gain by waiting in line. I won a free iTunes song on my scratch off card.... and got a 10% discount on a $15 iClean package. w00t.

Anyways, they should have had Fall Out Boy there.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    I attended the launch event Friday.

The line was very long and there was a lot of excitement. the Apple store was very "cool" and the emplyees very freindly,yet aloof enough that they did not bother me.

Tiger is impressive. The speed at which the internet surfing went and the opening and closing of programs, to the execution of dashboard and the spotlight search feature to iChat AV. VERY impressive. I did not see a Steve Jobs videoconference, just lots of copies of Tiger, many Macs and iPods and some impressive hands on and instructor led sessions.

Some people won iPods. Sadly, I did not, but everyone got a 10% discount off of whatever they purchased Friday.

In any case, it was a rousing success. Even people who did not know what was going on simply saw the line outside the store and asked what was going on. When they were told of the sleek computers and new advanced OS, they joined the line too.

Pretty neat and totally Apple.