Mail 2.0 and HTML

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
OK, Apple's site says Mail 2.0 DOES allow you to compose and send new email as HTML, yet I cant find the option to do so. Anyone know how to compose and send email as HTML? I just got Tiger, and i have been playing with Mail 2.0 for a few hours now. I dont get it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Format > Make Rich Text

???
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ehuntehunt Posts: 4member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

In Safari in the File menu there is a 'Mail this page' option which (obviously) mails the page (!)

I don't know if this is how you're meant to do it but it works - just make a page in BBedit or whatever, open it locally and mail it off.

That is definately a neat way to do it...I just tried it and is does seem to work, at least with the test I sent myself at Yahoo...Here's my results just playing around with mail and the "RTF" as HTML since yesterday:

1. When I send an email using a Rich Text Format with pictures (a .JPG) copied and pasted into the body of an email when received by Outlook on the PC the email shows up in the inbox with no Font formatting and an attached message. When you open the attached message you see my email in the correct font but with red X's where the pasted pictures should be. However, when received at say yahoo mail the email shows up in the inbox in the correct font but without any pictures at all.

2. When I send an email using Rich Text Format with a picture (a .JPG) dragged into the body of an email when received by Outlook on the PC the email shows up in the inbox with no Font formatting and an attached message. When you open the attached message you see my email in the right font and the jpeg placed where it should be. However, when received at say yahoo mail the mail shows up in the inbox in the correct font but the picture is an attachment, not in the body.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekdreams

Format > Make Rich Text

???

That's RTF which has been the default format in Mail since 10.0.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

That's RTF which has been the default format in Mail since 10.0.

In Tiger Mail Make Rich Text mean HTML