Installing Tiger problem

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
It finally arrived--my new family pack of Tiger and I started to install it on my G4 imac.

When it checked the install DVD--it said it was either dirty or scratched(which it wasn't) so...I bypassed that.

At the end of the install--I got a message telling me to reinstall the program --so I did and again got the same message at the end of the install. So I removed the disk and spent 4 hours on the phone with tech support. In about a week one of the engineers is going to call me.

Meanwhile I think Tiger did install on the computer--at least it seems to work fine.

The same thing happened when I installed it on my ibook (G4) --it seems to work fine.

On my wife's G4 imac the install worked perfectly.

The only difference is that I have Microsoft office on the other 2 computers.--could that be the problem??

I will keep you all posted.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    O.K. Since my wife's computer loaded Tiger with no problem, I feel this must be some sort of software incompatiblity.

The other computers have Photoshop7, Quicken, and Office on them--my wife's do not--so.... it is a incompatiblity with one or all of the other programs.

Also the new Safari will not log on to my bank for bill paying because of security.

Waiting for the upgrade!!