Switch to Mac??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So, I have been thinking about getting a laptop, possibly a powerbook. Currently I have a PC along with the rest of my family. We used to have a mac maybe 10 years ago... But I think that I would like to get one now. I have heard a lot of good things about them, but I have a couple questions still.

Right now I use Adobe Premier 6.5 and I haven't seen it for mac... Do they make Premier for macs or is there a program that is basically the same? Is Final Cut similar to Premier, would it be something that I would have to learn again, since I am already very used to using Premier??

And another thing which I think I already know the answer to is that if I buy a powerbook, can still connect to our network for the internet and such even though we have all PCs right now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shorty

So, I have been thinking about getting a laptop, possibly a powerbook. Currently I have a PC along with the rest of my family. We used to have a mac maybe 10 years ago... But I think that I would like to get one now. I have heard a lot of good things about them, but I have a couple questions still.

Right now I use Adobe Premier 6.5 and I haven't seen it for mac... Do they make Premier for macs or is there a program that is basically the same? Is Final Cut similar to Premier, would it be something that I would have to learn again, since I am already very used to using Premier??

And another thing which I think I already know the answer to is that if I buy a powerbook, can still connect to our network for the internet and such even though we have all PCs right now.

Internet compatibility isn't an issue, some people might even go to say that seeing up access on a mac is easier than on the PC...

I think final cut's interface is much better than Premier.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shorty

Right now I use Adobe Premier 6.5 and I haven't seen it for mac... Do they make Premier for macs or is there a program that is basically the same? Is Final Cut similar to Premier, would it be something that I would have to learn again, since I am already very used to using Premier??.

Premiere 6.5, as in not Premiere Pro? Dear lord... Premiere 6.5 is available for Mac, but it is quite possibly the worst video editing application i've ever seen, next to Windows Movie Maker. Do yourself a favor and get at least Final Cut Express. You'll find it won't be too hard to learn, and it's much faster and more powerful than Premiere 6.5. Premiere Pro seems to be relatively close to Final Cut, but if you have any aspirations to go into the film or video world you need to learn Final Cut. Then Avid.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    shortyshorty Posts: 2member
    cool, thanks... yeah I am learning film and premier in school right now.. that is what they have and what I have on my comp now, it sounds like final cut would be much better!! Thnx for the advice!!