AppleSpell.Service now in Dock

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Just wondering if anyone has seen this. I'm running an iBook G4 (800MHz)... just upgraded to Tiger. Now, when I launch any application that the speller functions in, the AppleSpell.Service icon bounces up and down in my dock until it loads (a good 20-30 secs)... then stays there. I can kill all the apps I have running and the little active arrow is not below it... but if I try to drag it off the dock, it goes right back and the little arrow appears under it indicating it is running... the only thing I can do to get rid of it is a "force quit"... any ideas? Even when I force quit... as soon as I open an app that uses the speller... it's back in my dock again. It never showed up in my dock under Panther.

Any help would be appreciated... it's kind of annoying.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I have the same problem....you are not alone.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Here is a link to some solutions which people claim to have helped... but I haven't seen any responses from anyone saying that any of these things actually worked for them. I've tried each of them with no luck...

AppleSpell.Service in the Dock Apple Link

If anyone comes up with anything that works, please post it here. I'll keep up with the thread on Apple's site and post anything new (especially if it works for me).

Thanx!