HP to sell Apple's iPod shuffle, mini

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hewlett-Packard to sell iPod shuffle, silver iPod minis.

Hewlett-Packard has signed on to begin selling Apple's iPod shuffle and iPod mini digital music players next month, AppleInsider has learned.

The company already markets cobranded versions of Apple's original iPod and iPod photo players.

For sure, HP in June will begin selling both the 512MB iPod shuffle (HP part #PX765AA) and the 1GB (#PX766AA). HP will also sell the silver colored iPod mini in both the 4GB (#PW753AA) and 6GB (#PX762AA) models.

There is currently no indication that HP will carry the full array of iPod mini colors (which also includes Green, Blue and Pink models).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    My ivory tower overlooks the Melbourne Hewlett-Packard office building which has a big blue sign on it with the word "invent" below the HP logo.

I think they should change that to "borrow"
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jms698jms698 Posts: 102member
    Quote:

"invent". I think they should change that to "borrow" [/B]

Yup, Carly Fiorina destroyed HP's capacity to innovate in an effort to make quick money and please the shareholders.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    This is good for one reason: WalMart. HP is a lot easier to deal with when it comes to retailers.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Does this mean the mini is going to get a radical upgrade as soon as hp starts to ship them

j
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I own an iPod hp, but HP doesn't seem to have iPod-focused tech support. Plus if you buy an iPod accessory for your hp-branded iPod, then make sure you buy it from an Apple Store in case in breaks because Apple Support seems to make you have their brand of iPod connected to your accessories, even though hp doesn't make docks (AFAIK).