What's the best see-through case for the iPod mini?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm about to buy my first iPod ever, a 6GB mini, and I think I want a case to protect it. I would want a case that doesn't make the mini much bigger, something that's pretty much see-through and doesn't get dirty quickly.

These are the ones I am mainly interested in:

Agent 18 MiniShield

Agent 18 mini Shock

Contour iSee-mini

Speck Mini FlipStandor

Power Support Crystal Jacket mini

Does anyone have experience with any of these?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    I have the Speck Flipstand for my 20 GB 4G iPod, and I like it. I do wish they made a model just for the 20 so I wouldn't have to put the foam spacer in, but I think the mini version is nice and snug. I recommend i.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    opuscroakusopuscroakus Posts: 317member
    I have the Agent18 Mini Shield for my 6GB mini and I've been pretty happy with it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dferigmudferigmu Posts: 269member
    Quote:

Originally posted by opuscroakus

I have the Agent18 Mini Shield for my 6GB mini and I've been pretty happy with it.

Two questions: Is it too tight on the mini and is it easy to take off?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    opuscroakusopuscroakus Posts: 317member
    It fits tightly but doesn't seem too tight. Comes off easily too and I havn't seen any indications of rub marks or scratches on the mini from the case.

When I first put it on I was a little concerned that it might come off too easily but about a week after I had it on I had my pod laying in my coat on the passenger side seat of my pickup. In a hurry and forgetting where the ipod was hiding, I reached in and grabbed my coat. Needless to say I got to watch (in that fascinating slo-mo effect you get when something bad happens) my beautiful new sliver 6GB mini do a triple-end-over-double-lux-half-gainer before it hit the asphalt.

Nary a scratch to the ipod and it still works great.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Have you seen the Otterbox for iPod Mini? It does make your iPod a little bulkier but it's waterproof, kind of shockproof and gives you access to the controls on the face of the iPod. Retails for about 50 USD.