ibook update

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know this topic has been hashed over again and again, but I was wondering if there is indeed an update in the near future for the ibook will there be a price increase? If it gets, say, 512 ram, bluetooth included, and a better video card will the price go up?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    apoderapoder Posts: 49member
    Yeah, I'm interested as well. I have to get a laptop before my Fall Semester in college so I'm really crossing my fingers that Apple has something come June. I'd hate to buy one now to only have a newer more advanced model for the same price come out within a matter of days/weeks.

Anyone got any news on the current status of iBooks?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    drewmgdrewmg Posts: 21member
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if the pricee went up. I bet that either way, you'll be getting more for your money.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Yes, the iBooks are "due" for an update and I think Steve will unveil the new iBooks during his keynote address at WWDC2005.

Things that will change:

1) Design of the 14" model (widescreen)

2) Memory (512MB in the 14" model - 2/256MB modules, still 1.25GB max)

3) Prices on BTO options

4) Graphics card (64MB)

5) Faster CPUs

6) Bluetooth 2.0 built-in

Things that will not change:

1) Design of the 12" model

2) Memory (256MB in the 12" model)

3) Price on base models

4) "Snow" color

5) everything else not specifically mentioned.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    What the h3ll was wrong with this thread? New mods or what?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=53453
  • Reply 5 of 7
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    I hope they change the hideous gray plastic they currently have...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    chagichagi Posts: 284member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Apoder

Yeah, I'm interested as well. I have to get a laptop before my Fall Semester in college so I'm really crossing my fingers that Apple has something come June. I'd hate to buy one now to only have a newer more advanced model for the same price come out within a matter of days/weeks.

Anyone got any news on the current status of iBooks?

I'm with you on this one as well. While I'm not anti-PC, none of the PC laptops in the iBooks price range interest me in the least. The iBook is also due for an update of some form, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Quite honestly, I would probably be very happy with 512MB RAM base + an upgrade to a slightly better video chip. The ATI 9600 certainly seems popular with Apple these days, I forget if there is a mobile variant of it...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    Come on guys... have a read of the forum before posting a thread that is already here.