Motorola V3 Razr and Mac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey guys,

Still waiting for my new Power Mac to arrive - does anyone have experience of hooking this phone up to a Mac? I know it's on iSync's supported list, but how would I go about getting my pic's onto the Mac, does iSync do that or just sync the address book etc? As far as I know, no Mac software comes with the phone.

thanks,

VTerm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    domintdomint Posts: 2member
    The phone syncs fine in Tiger using bluetooth (not in Panther). The pictures on the address book do not get sync as they do on SE P800, or at least I haven't been able to do it. Another annoying problem I found is that if a contact has more than one phone number assigned to it will show up as several entries on the phone, say you have an entry for Paul with 3 phone numbers when you sync it creates 3 Pauls in the phone one for each phone number. It has an option to sync only cellular phone numbers but I don't find that very useful.

Also the first time I synced the phone it wiped out the contacts from the phone, this was not a big problem for me because it was a new phone and I had only entered one contact, but I couldn't find and option to merge addresses in iSync, after the first sync it does merge addresses so no problems after that.

Everything else seems to work.

Tomas.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    londorlondor Posts: 258member
    Quote:

Also the first time I synced the phone it wiped out the contacts from the phone, this was not a big problem for me because it was a new phone and I had only entered one contact, but I couldn't find and option to merge addresses in iSync, after the first sync it does merge addresses so no problems after that.

The first time you sync a new device you have the option for merging in the drop-down menu you get by clicking on the device's icon in iSync.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by domint

The phone syncs fine in Tiger using bluetooth (not in Panther). The pictures on the address book do not get sync as they do on SE P800, or at least I haven't been able to do it. Another annoying problem I found is that if a contact has more than one phone number assigned to it will show up as several entries on the phone, say you have an entry for Paul with 3 phone numbers when you sync it creates 3 Pauls in the phone one for each phone number. It has an option to sync only cellular phone numbers but I don't find that very useful.

Everything else seems to work.

Tomas.

I was going to say...Merge is an option

Also...I haven't had any issues with it creating mulitiple entries...I set the option in the phone to only show the main number in the phone book...you then use the L or R arrow buttons to scroll to the other numbers

I just got this phone the other day and I have been very happy with its syncing

the only thing I have is a minor one...when I have two names in the first name slot in the adress book...or its a company...it puts a '-' in between the individual words
  • Reply 4 of 5
    thanks for the replies.

Is there actually a way to get the pics onto the Mac since the sync doesn't work?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dave marshdave marsh Posts: 349member
    Will the RAZR sync with the Mac's Calendar as well?