really simple iPod featre that SHOULD exist

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
ok. I've got a smartplaylist on my iPod that is set up so that it shows 200MB of my most recently added songs.

Now if i import a CD, due to the way i have it set up, it will import the tracks in a backwards order. On a mixed CD (where the tracks run into each other) this sounds sh¡t.

A really simply way of solving this would be to have the

'All Artists', 'All Albums', etc options that are shown when you go through your music library normally (compared to using playlists).

I can obviously solve my problem by making a second smart playlist that simply shows my most-recently-added but in the order of album. But the point is, this is a really simple feature and should be added.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    is your ipod set up to auto sync?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm just confused. I don't understand anything you wrote in that first post.

Are you talking about being able to browse by artist or album? If so, click the "Browse" button in the top right corner of the iTunes window while you're in the library.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    spiers69spiers69 Posts: 418member
    it was late when i wrote that.

Firstly, im not talking about browsing in iTunes. im talking about browsing thru playlists on the iPod, and how you dont have the option of viewing "All Albums" or "All Artists" in a playlist (on the iPod).

Secondly, yes my iPod is auto-synced.

am i making sense now?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yeah, I see what you mean now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I guess it would be nice to go to my "Recently Added" playlist on the iPod and pick just one album.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    spiers69spiers69 Posts: 418member
    Exactly. Now we're understanding each other