Final Cut Pro for X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well, any info?

That's one of my few reasons for rebooting into OS 9.

I heard a while back that it was supposed to be nearing completion late spring '02 and sheduled to be released at MWNY'02.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 57
    I really hope it will come out soon. I need to do lots of video work and I don't wanna use OS 9.
  • Reply 2 of 57
    I wonder if they are going to change the GUI. I hope they keep the same feel but just revamp it fo look it's bast in OS X.
  • Reply 3 of 57
    The FCP UI is awesome; changing it for the sake of OSX would be extremely dumb.

Why do I have no doubt they'll do it \
  • Reply 4 of 57
    I doubt they'll change it much. It just works. Make the buttons a little more Aqua-y and it'll be perfect.
  • Reply 5 of 57
    [quote]Originally posted by Cipher13:

<strong>The FCP UI is awesome; changing it for the sake of OSX would be extremely dumb.

Why do I have no doubt they'll do it \</strong><hr></blockquote>

I did not mean toatly change it and make it aqau. I just ment make them a little more photo realistic.
  • Reply 6 of 57
    I can't see Apple releasing FCP X in January, it's too soon. I hope too they don't change the UI, it's rocking as it is.

Same with iTunes' UI. Some apps shouldn't look too Aqua IMHO.
  • Reply 7 of 57
    There was a beta behind the apple firewall about 1 month ago for a VERY brief time. I heard that it would be final by the end of the year... Now would Apple hold it till Macworld? Sure.
  • Reply 8 of 57
    Re the UI: Let's hope Apple adds a FCP theme to the OS rather than changing the FCP UI for Aqua proper. That would rock.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Pegges ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 57
    Apple will release FCP for OSX Dec 4 at

DV Expo. See <a href="http://www.thinksecret.com."; target="_blank">http://www.thinksecret.com.</a>;

It's about f***king time. I am holding off on moving to OSX until that comes out.

Also rumors that FCP for OSX will increase render time by a big factor. Lastly, Sorensen 3.1 codec for QT is now Multiprocossor enabled.

let the good times roll.

renoski

ciao-der
  • Reply 10 of 57
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by Renoski:

<strong>Apple will release FCP for OSX Dec 4 at

DV Expo. See <a href="http://www.thinksecret.com."; target="_blank">http://www.thinksecret.com.</a>;

It's about f***king time. I am holding off on moving to OSX until that comes out.

Also rumors that FCP for OSX will increase render time by a big factor. Lastly, Sorensen 3.1 codec for QT is now Multiprocossor enabled.

let the good times roll.

renoski

ciao-der</strong><hr></blockquote>

I too think DV Expo is the perfect time for the announcement (doesn't mean it will ship) of FCP X

Yeah...I have Sorenson 3.1 Pro codec and it flies with MP machines....the speed is roughly 190% of the SP machines with the same clock rate

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 57
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by Renoski:

<strong>Also rumors that FCP for OSX will increase render time by a big factor.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Please tell me you meant to say decrease?!

I'm willing to wait for Final Cut Pro, so long as they do a really great job on it. The wonderful iDVD 2 gives me hope that perhaps Final Cut Pro will be a Cocoa app. It deserves to be Apple's flagship product on OS X.
  • Reply 12 of 57
    I think he means the the speed increase, not the render time increase.
  • Reply 13 of 57
    eat@meeat@me Posts: 321member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>I think he means the the speed increase, not the render time increase.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, I meant to say that render times will decrease. under OSX, rumors are that rendering performance will increase. sorry for the confusion.

i wonder what this means for the matrox rendering card. Q. will it warrant a $1000 price tag? I guess only if you are doing lots of After Effects.

I am looking forward to this and it is a big reason to upgrade to OSX. It is the only thing holding me back at this point.

Phil Shiller, VP Mktg at Apple is doing the

keynote.

I imagine it will ship sometime in January 2002.
  • Reply 14 of 57
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I heard that the makers of RTmac have allready bagged future production, even though they spent alot on R&D, but considering the near real time rendering in the future with OSX.... we can spend that extra 1000 on equipment!!
  • Reply 15 of 57
    Interesting news from Apple!!

[quote]Quoted from <a href="http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106582"; target="_blank">Enhancements delivered with Mac OS X Update 10.1.1</a>

<strong>Provides enhanced application stability when a FireWire-based (DV) camera is disconnected in certain situations when Final Cut Pro is open; improves data transfer reliability</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okay, this either means that somehow it is possible to run FCP in Classic... or better yet Final Cut Pro is already running in OS X in Cupertino!

• Reply 16 of 57
    So.....FCP X on Dec 4th. FOR SURE!
  • Reply 17 of 57
    yes, word :cool:
  • Reply 18 of 57
    [quote] i wonder what this means for the matrox rendering card. Q. will it warrant a $1000 price tag? I guess only if you are doing lots of After Effects. <hr></blockquote>

The Matrox card doesn't speed up effects in After Effects only FCP.

[quote]I heard that the makers of RTmac have allready bagged future production, even though they spent alot on R&D <hr></blockquote>

No. It's the promax card that has been cancelled. I haven't heard anything about the matrox card being cancelled.

Auroras Igniter is now doing single stream realtime effects on un-compressed video and Digital Voodoo's Card is doing real-time cross dissolves also on uncompressed video at 10bit.

I won't be able to leave OS9 until Final Cut, After Effects and Commmotion are all carbon.
  • Reply 19 of 57
    After Effects 5 runs fine under Classic unless you allocate more than 438MB or RAM to it......
  • Reply 20 of 57
    Well if it isn't Final Cut Pro that's introduced, it will likely be a Mac OS X native version of Adobe Premiere. That's also highly possible at this point...given the fact Premiere was demoed in OS X-native beta mode at NAB back in April of this year.