So I guess we will not see Cherry OS

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just saw this article on Slashdot a little while ago.

Cherry OS

I have been sort of keeping an ear open to news on this project and have been very skeptical so far. Oh well... it would have been interesting if it was actually released (that is if it ever really existed).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

I just saw this article on Slashdot a little while ago.

Cherry OS

I have been sort of keeping an ear open to news on this project and have been very skeptical so far. Oh well... it would have been interesting if it was actually released (that is if it ever really existed).

Interesting how? as a rip off of pearos?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    It's widely recognised that Cherry OS is a rip-off of PearPC, on open source PowerPC emulator that allows you to run Mac OS in a virtual machine running on x86 PCs. PearPC comes in both Linux and Windows flavours.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

It's widely recognised that Cherry OS is a rip-off of PearPC, on open source PowerPC emulator that allows you to run Mac OS in a virtual machine running on x86 PCs. PearPC comes in both Linux and Windows flavours.

As far as I can tell it's not widely recognized but perhaps widely speculated.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Creating a GUI installer for PearPC is not a bad thing, naming it CherryOS is not a bad thing either, but why lie about it?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

As far as I can tell it's not widely recognized but perhaps widely speculated.

Nope, widely known and recognized. It's a complete ripoff.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

Nope, widely known and recognized. It's a complete ripoff.

yo mama's wide.