HP AiO users please note...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
...that while your printers will work when directly connected (USB) you cannot select the correct printer driver through 10.4 if your printer is not directly connected (i.e. bonjour/lpr etc). HP have accepted the problem but can't fix it until June.

Just so you're aware.

Please tell me if anyone finds a work-around.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    colby2000colby2000 Posts: 91member
    I just noticed the same thing.

I'm using a PSC 1610 on a USB JetDirect box. I added it as a regular HP networked printer and picked the DeskJet 1600c as my print driver (I think it's a Gimp one). It seems to print fine.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    Thank you for that, can't believe I didn't think to try a deskjet driver as a temporary work-around. Imagine if you had one of the wireless ones (2710?) you'd be really stuck with that.

I keep finding bugs in 10.4 server, mail server needs loads of hand fixes to get going on a new build.

Thanks again.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    So I must be lucky, that my HP AiO 4100 works flawlessly through Airport and a networked (HP Printserver) DeskJet970 is working as well. So I guess not all is gone bad on HPs side under tiger.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    HP AIO 2110 works fine on direct USB connect and shares to the wired network fine also.

What exactly is the functionality that is lost in 10.4? I didn't quite follow you.