iTunes Music Store launches in Denmark, Norway, Sweden & Switzerland

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Well done guys..... you finally got it....

Now Australia plays the waiting game some more.

Apple Press Release

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    halijanhalijan Posts: 24member
    And Australia gets ripped off again
  • Reply 2 of 17
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    Quote:

Originally posted by halijan

And Australia gets ripped off again

Can I get a Hallelujah my brothers!

Never a truer word spoken my friend!
  • Reply 3 of 17
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    GODDAMNLOUSYWORTHLESSUSELESSNOGOODFRIGGINBLOODYHEL LAPPLEAREDICKS!!!!!!!!!!

I feel I speak for all Australians when I say the above.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

GODDAMNLOUSYWORTHLESSUSELESSNOGOODFRIGGINBLOODYHEL LAPPLEAREDICKS!!!!!!!!!!

I feel I speak for all Australians when I say the above.

ITOTALLYAGREEWITHYOUIDUNNOFORITOOHAVEBEENSOENGULFE DWITHRAGETHATIHAVEFORGOTTENHOWTOUSETHESPACEBARANDH OWTOTURNOFFCAPS-LOCK!

• Reply 5 of 17
    AppleInsiderAppleInsider Posts: 63,192administrator
    Apple today launched four new iTunes Music Stores in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland featuring songs from all four major music companies and over 1,000 independent record labels.

The four new iTunes Music Stores offer the same features, pricing and seamless integration with iPod that have made iTunes the most popular online music service in the world. Since its launch just two years ago, the iTunes Music Store has extended its reach to more than 70 percent of the global music market with stores in 19 countries and more than 400 million songs purchased and downloaded worldwide.

"The iTunes Music Store has revolutionized the way we discover and enjoy music, and is now selling more than half a billion songs per year," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of Applications. "With iTunes Music Stores now in 19 countries, music fans around the world can enjoy the number one online music service in the world."

In conjunction with the iTunes Music Store launch in Switzerland, Apple and UBS today announced a promotion to give every Swiss citizen a free song on the iTunes Music Store as part of their new "UBS Generation" and "UBS Campus" packages. UBS is offering song cards for music downloads in all of their branches, which can be used instead of a credit card to purchase tracks from the iTunes Music Store.

The iTunes Music Store offers the largest online catalog of music in the world, with over 1.5 million songs in the US and catalogs around the world averaging over one million songs each. Exclusive music featured today on iTunes Music Stores includes tracks from Lucinda Williams and Van Morrison, as well as the complete catalogs of Bananarama and Rammstein. The new European stores are launching with exclusives from Kent, Stereophonics and The Cardigans. In addition, the iTunes Music Stores today added downloadable music videos to play on your Mac or PC with the purchase of albums or tracks from Dave Matthews Band, Gorillaz, Morcheeba and The Shins.

Every iTunes Music Store offers Mac and PC users the same features such as iMix, Party Shuffle, audiobooks, the ability to create and print jewel case inserts and automatic WMA to AAC conversion. All iTunes Music Stores feature the same personal use rights, giving users the ability to play songs on up to five personal computers, burn a single song onto CDs an unlimited number of times, burn the same playlist up to seven times and listen to their music on an unlimited number of iPods.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    to the music label in oz that held up iTMS australia, one word:

WANKERS.

apple australia is cool, it's the bloody music label that f8cked it up for 20 million really cool, lovely people.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

to the music label in oz that held up iTMS australia, one word:

WANKERS.

apple australia is cool, it's the bloody music label that f8cked it up for 20 million really cool, lovely people.

I like this guy!

Soon my young apprentice, we will have victory!
  • Reply 8 of 17
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    I really can't see it being Apple's fault. Not that they're never wrong but I don't think we can pin this one on them.

So I suppose you'll be wanting to know the latest, huh? Well, there's good news and bad news but, as expected, it's mostly bad. The following information was shamelessly filched from those iTMS storming appletalkers. Proof positive that, while they might be better than us, when it comes to laziness we are the champs! (Plus we have the smokey smiley - something they can only dream about.)

Good news 1: Our flag"s back on Apple's servers!

Bad news 1: the price of songs in the Swiss and other new stores is equivalent to about $AU1.50, 19 cents less than the expected price here.

Good news 2: The Oz Terms and Conditions are up! (dated 13 April)

Possibly bad news 2 (we'll assume it is): The T&C include:

you must be 13+ to use it

you can have it on up to 5 iTunes enables devices

you can burn playlists 7 times

songs from 5 different iTMS accounts can be stored on certain devices ef iPod or iPod mini

I thought you could burn playlists 10 times under the US T&C but I'm not sure about that or the other points above and I can't be bothered checking.

Good news 3: They got back in!

Bad news 3: They couldn't buy anything.

Good news 4: New Australian artists not previously listed were available!

Bad news 4: One of them was Delta Goodrem.

Now brace yourselves because I don't think you're going to like this next one much.

The baddest bad news of all:

Quote:

Originally posted by Kuma at forums.appletalk.com.au

I just spoke to apple re: my suspended account.

And they said once it goes live it should be automatically cleared.

He also said iTMS should have been last month

but record companies kept pushing it back...

and it should be here no later than the end of june... but that was dependent on the record companies

of course that was all just what he said in customer service.... whether he was feeding me a line or what I dont know

he certainly didnt seem too excited....

so I'd say not today.....or this week......

Put your head between your knees and breathe deeply if you feel yourself going faint.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleInsider

as well as the complete catalogs of Bananarama

Finally!
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Good news 4: New Australian artists not previously listed were available!

Bad news 4: One of them was Delta Goodrem.

ROFLMAO
  • Reply 11 of 17
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Since its launch just two years ago, the iTunes Music Store has extended its reach to more than 70 percent of the global music market with stores in 19 countries and more than 400 million songs purchased and downloaded worldwide.

19 countries do NOT represent 70 percent of the global music market.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

19 countries do NOT represent 70 percent of the global music market.

When looking at revenue.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    India + China can topple that "70 percent" in two days. What they mean is "70 percent of [legally downloaded] music market" -

- but that doesn't make it look as grandiose as it looks without the words in paranthesis.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    plasmoplasmo Posts: 13member
    Does anyone have an idea of the wanker record company that is delaying the Australian iTMS so we can start a letter writing campaign?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by plasmo

Does anyone have an idea of the wanker record company that is delaying the Australian iTMS so we can start a letter writing campaign?

gawd... if we/the aussies were more organised we should stage some sort of public protest outside of Apple Australia HQ in French's Forest, replete with full media coverage, anything with the word "iPod" is hot right now.

1. help Apple get even more exposure in Australia

2. make it clear that we are pressuring Apple to expose said WANKER record label

3. get a bloody iTMS Australia for chrissakes 70% of the global music market has it already...!!111!!1
  • Reply 16 of 17
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    I have given up.

I am moving to Norway to use their iTMS.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

I have given up.

I am moving to Norway to use their iTMS.

I was thinking about Portugal..... I wonder what the exchange rate is?