iTunes Music Store now bundling music videos

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Following yesterday's release of iTunes 4.8, Apple has begun bundling videos with some of the music albums available through its iTunes Music Store. As noted yesterday, Apple's iTunes 4.8 digital music jukebox software adds support for video cataloging and playback. So far, the videos on the iTunes store appear to be marketing incentives offered along with the albums. However, tipsters point out that Thivery Corporation'sThe Warning Shots video is being sold along with the tune for a $0.99 premium (combined the tune and video cost $1.98). Meanwhile, the store lists Dave Matthew's Stand Up, which bundles 14 songs, 1 video and 1 Digital Booklet in PDF for $11.99. Unlike the songs, the videos do not contain DRM restrictions and can be transfered to non-authorized computers for playback.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    i'm going to blatantly hijack this thread and claim first post...!!

people are so f8cking tripping on the other itunes 4.8 thread.

y'all need to step away from the bong/ crack pipe and chill for a second peoples.

1. i am running iBook 933mhz G4 256mb ram 10.3.9

2. just installed itunes 4.8

3. plugged in iPod mini, warning came up saying, "matrix_c5_clip.mov not copied because it is not supported".

4. cool.

5. the clip playbacks in iTunes, I'm Loving It !! (i hate mcdonalds but it had to be said)

6. it is a little weird at first

7. but again, don't overthink it like a windows user

8. trust in our ileader and he will not fail you

9. i have qt7 pro, so the following may be related to qt7 pro or not:

10. fullscreen works a treat

11. it is great to have my videos categorised in itunes and just play it off that rather than the finder

12. clicking in the artwork window opens up the screen, otherwise hit the play button and it just plays within the artwork window

13. i have a 'fullscreen' button and that works slick

14. i will refresh link to test clips (h.264 quicktime7pro-encoded for y'all to drop into your iTunes 4.8.... iVIDEO... !!! yeah!!

15. if it hasn't hit you by now, it IS f8cking amazing what iTunes and Stevie J has done. sheer brilliance, just *sigh* can't explain, i'd rather give y'all some clips and help out

16. ps... sh1t i got to teach my first Flash class tomorrow with a co-lecturer... wish me luck !!!!!

edit:

17. "set poster frame" (may require quicktime Pro) will do the trick nicely if you are not liking the movie starting with a black screen... i'll check my clips i will be posting shortly w.r.t. to that

edit2:

18. if a movie clip is currently playing in the itunes 4.8 artwork window, then it will open up a window with the play controls. if the movie clip is not being played, that is, you just clicked on the name of the clip in the itunes list, then a static frame comes up when you click in the artwork window

it's all cool folks... apple's making some big strides now, let's give them some space to tweak iTunes 4.8.1 and Tiger 10.4.1 and 2005 will be the year that apple gets its Appz in the zone, hopefully
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hi all, test clips here for iTunes 4.8 video...

h.264 encoded, qt 7 and itunes 4.8 required.

warning: these short clips of 3-9 mb each are only for testing, education and h.264/ qt7/ itunes4.8 research and evaluation purposes.

(right click and save link as...) to download:

Alias "title sequence" (5 mb)

http://homepage.mac.com/sunilraman/a...uence.h264.mov

Matrix Revolutions "hell fight" short clip (8.8 mb)

http://homepage.mac.com/sunilraman/m..._clip.h264.mov

tobyMac "Gone" 30sec preview (3.2 mb)

http://homepage.mac.com/sunilraman/t..._clip.h264.mov

bandwidth concerns - no worries, all on homepage.mac.com now

• Reply 3 of 4
    plasmoplasmo Posts: 13member
    Thanks sunilraman.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    no worries had some inspiration and spare time, i've been having lots of fun with qt7 pro and h.264