ipod question/opinion needed

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm in need of some opinions... now, i have the 20GB ipod w/ a case, and the car cup holder holder for the ipod, car charger, and still 19months of the 2yr warrenty on my ipod and headphones and the box..

and now i was thinking of selling my ipod for about $250-270, then going and buying and the new 6GB ipod mini... the reason im selling the better ipod is for size.. i can carry an ipod mini more easily then i could the 20GB ipod, plus i only have about 700songs that takes up 4.23GB of space, so i could easily have m ore then enough space on the ipod mini for more songs, and also have it fit in my pocket.. and the only times i use my ipod is when im in my moms car driving, b/c its bigger and i dont really like how it fits in my pocket... which is where i would be carrying it in school... then for gym obviously have it in my bookbag...

if i had the ipod mini, i would bring it too more often then not b/c of the ability to fit in my pocket more easily, and less risk and such of having it bang into something when hanging on the outside of my pocket which my current ipod does w/ the case that i have it for...

so right now... i have very lil use w/ my current ipod b/c i dont bign it anywhere except for when im driving my moms car and i cant use it in my truck b/c theres no port or cassette jack for the adapters to plug into:-\\ and with the ipod mini, i would use prolly twice as much and would prolly bring it too school too... so as stated before would have twice as much use... then my current ipod.

any suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Just do it. Stop thinking about it, just sell it and get the mini. I did the same thing. It's not like the white iPods are huge or anything, but the minis are sweet and I really don't need all my 2500 songs with me at the same time.

Just go ahead and get the mini. Oh, and 18 hour battery life won't hurt you.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    okie doke! thank you.. the minis are kind of sweet
  • Reply 3 of 4
    just keep in mind that the current generation of ipod minis ship with only a belt clip and a skimpy USB 2 cable. If you want to charge using your wall outlet you need to shell out 29 dollars for a usb wall charger. Other than that, you'll be just fine and the metallic look of your mini will look great. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

just keep in mind that the current generation of ipod minis ship with only a belt clip and a skimpy USB 2 cable. If you want to charge using your wall outlet you need to shell out 29 dollars for a usb wall charger. Other than that, you'll be just fine and the metallic look of your mini will look great. Hope that helps.

thanks and i shouldnt have a problem charging it, b/c itll eitehr be in the car as im listening to it (if its in my moms car) or at the dock... but yea, a wall charger wouldnt be a bad idea for when im away on vacation or something... and usb is doable..

i remember my brother telling me once, for every gain, comes some sort of sacrafice... most of the time.... there are exceptions, dont get me wrong... everything has some sort of exception thats whats interesting about this world