Bad idea to use pirated Tiger?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
not sure if this is a bad thread to make. I didn't download Tiger, but i'm curious is it a bad idea to do so? What are the cons of doing it? Besides stealing 70$ from Apple (i'm a poor college student)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Yes it is a bad idea. I mean no offense, but I find it hard to believe that even a poor student is unable to put aside $70, say, in a couple of months or a little more.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    djmbdjmb Posts: 120member
    This thread isn't about the question of whether I can afford or not. I asked simply whether it's a bad idea and why
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    If you trust your source that it will give you a 100% exact copy, then there is nothing to fear. But I don't see which source, except Apple, you can trust for this.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by djmb

not sure if this is a bad thread to make. I didn't download Tiger, but i'm curious is it a bad idea to do so? What are the cons of doing it? Besides stealing 70$ from Apple (i'm a poor college student)

Yeah, it's a bad idea.

Don't drink this weekend, then check your wallet on Monday morning.

Repeat until wallet contains $70.

Done.

j mcd
  • Reply 5 of 5
    rhythmrhythm Posts: 16member
    It's a bad idea, cuz it sets a bad precedent. One of those 'slippery slopes'. Where would it stop ??? How about, "I'm a poor ______.", filling in the blank with whatever one's present underpaid lot might be ???

Honestly, 'Tiger's great value received. For 70+ bucks, what enters your computer is high octane power to create, browse, listen, gaze, muse...whatevah.

Try hard to save up the purchase price. It's really worth it. Poor college students still have access to honor...and "Tiger".

In any case, whatever you decide, thanks for asking...