Instant Messenger

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Adium is my IM client of choice, however I need me some file transfer real bad. AOL's client has not changed for so long that it hurts to think about it. Sure there was the 10.1 compatibility update, I don't know about you guys but my copy of IM was working fine before that. So does anyone have any info? Did they quit working on it to focus on the AOL flagship software or what? I want some info darn it... I think we all deserve something.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Yeah if Fire worked right and had fire transfer capabilities I would use it

Being Politically Correct is retarded.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Sinewave ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Yeah, I definetly use Adium while I'm in os X. It's a great client, and Adam Iser (the developer) actually listens to my user feedback and adds in the features. If you have any suggestions or bugs that you see, make sure you give him an email and you will usually get a reply back within the day.

In os 9, I use AOL's im client, but I've taken out the ads, banners, and changed all of the pic resources to my own liking. It's much nicer. I also added in a ton of colors for fonts and backrounds (don't know why, just felt like it )
  • Reply 3 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    They're probably still working on AIM, if they were paying more attention to the regular AOL software we'd have at least 6.0 or even 7.0 already.