Palm's LifeDrive

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I think Apple better consider things like Wi-Fi and BlueTooth in the next rev of the iPod. Check out Palm's new iPod wannabe:

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/m...ve/details.epl

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I still don't see the tangible benefits of this product.

I'll read a bit more but its announcement was rather anti-climatic after reading about the Palm "iPod" killer.

I'm sure it's far more of an ambitious product than a mere music playback device.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

I still don't see the tangible benefits of this product.

I'll read a bit more but its announcement was rather anti-climatic after reading about the Palm "iPod" killer.

I'm sure it's far more of an ambitious product than a mere music playback device.

Im with you h.

Its just a Palm on steroids.... I certainly would have no use for something like this but I can see the benefits for professionals on the move....

I cannot however, see how this could be an iPod killer.... Average Joe and Jane wouldnt want or need all these features if they just wanted to listen to music.

This product does what a normal Pilot does only better with more HD space... The iPod plays music well and has a interface a monkey could use... thats what Average Joe and Jane are looking for IMO
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jaycrjaycr Posts: 25member
    This is in no way an iPod killer, yet...

I think the LifeDrive is in many ways a look at the future. This isn't simply a Palm with more memory, this is one of the first Palms ever that features a Hard Drive!

This is the direction that Apple needs to go. When the Hardware ClickWheel dies and the touchscreen takes over, we'll know the future from Apple is at hand...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    The LifeDrive isn't really an iPod killer for the average consumer, no. However, it's an interesting alternative for the geeks among us, who would like one fewer gadget to carry around.

I'm tempted to get one... but I'll probably just get a 2 Gb flash chip for my Zodiac instead.