Font problems - again!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I installed a bunch of fonts yesterday and now Office takes forever to open. I am willing to remove them but am not sure which fonts the OS uses and which ones I installed. They're all in the same folder and I don't want to rely on the whole dates thing. If I looked at another Tiger machine would that have the same fonts or does it vary on computers! I've got a PowerBook and I have an old G3 slot iMac that also has Tiger.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Yeah Fonts are a nightmare to deal with.

I don't know how your gong to revert ( perhaps sort by date and delete the newer fonts?) anyway I find font agent pro does a great job of keeping your thousands of fonts in line.

flick.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    if you looked at another computer w/ tiger on it and the user didnt install fonts, that might work... but if you can remember exactly when you installed them, then youll be able to delete them from using the dates... atleast everytime that ive uninstalled something according to the dates, its always worked for me.... good luck
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

if you looked at another computer w/ tiger on it and the user didnt install fonts, that might work... but if you can remember exactly when you installed them, then youll be able to delete them from using the dates... atleast everytime that ive uninstalled something according to the dates, its always worked for me.... good luck

i installed about 600 fonts so it would be quicker to go through a list with the ones on by default BUT the dates are useless!