Mac OS X and new language support

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
is possible, that Apple include new language or translation in Mac OS X? can i do something for this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    rhythmrhythm Posts: 16member
    Do you mean, does Mac OS X 10.4 offer new language inputs which weren't available on previous OS X versions ??? Or, are you asking how an individual user might go about suggesting specific new languages to be included ??? Or, something else ??? Your question sounds interesting to me.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    i mean how an individual user might go about suggesting specific new languages to be included in Mac OS X. example: Slovenian language (Slovenian have 12k active Mac users).
  • Reply 3 of 6
    voloxvolox Posts: 11member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sebastijan

i mean how an individual user might go about suggesting specific new languages to be included in Mac OS X. example: Slovenian language (Slovenian have 12k active Mac users).

Well there are Russian, Hungarian, and Turkish localisations of 10.3, for example, but these were done by local Apple groups and are not officially supported.

Try contacting the Apple reps in these countries and ask them how it's done (apple.ru, for example), or otherwise download the localisation sotware from the Apple site and have a go at it yourself. I hope that a few of your 12K users will lend a hand!

Just found a link:

http://developer.apple.com/intl/localization/tools.html
  • Reply 4 of 6
    AppleGlot 3.1 has no support for slovenian language. i use for translation Xcode (*.plist) and Interface Builder (*.nib).
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by sebastijan

AppleGlot 3.1 has no support for slovenian language. i use for translation Xcode (*.plist) and Interface Builder (*.nib).

Sorry I can't help you more. I am not a programmer, and assumed these tools could help replace the text strings in any language. How is it that Slovenian is not supported - surely it is seen as just another collection of Unicode threads?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Volox

Sorry I can't help you more. I am not a programmer, and assumed these tools could help replace the text strings in any language. How is it that Slovenian is not supported - surely it is seen as just another collection of Unicode threads?

I just opened AppleGlot and now see the answer to my own question - Slovenian is not listed in the Target Locales. Time to petition Apple...