broken ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hi all --

not sure what happened to my ipod but it has mysteriously stopped working. I bought it in january from an apple store. can i bring it back? any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    how is it not working
  • Reply 2 of 6
    The warranty should cover it up to one year...Hopefully that it's just an apple defect.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    if its not from abuse(dropping, ect) then yea.. they should cover it.. unless its not on the extended warrenty.. then it might be a problem... but you could always try
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ryanqryanq Posts: 15member
    it was in my buddy's car for the weekend...when i got it back it didn't work. he says that he didn't do anything. So, now i'm left with a broken ipod (has no visual defects). when i plug it in, nothing happens. i guess i'll bring it back and see if they can do anything for me.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Tried the reset thing? See here
  • Reply 6 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Depending how hot that car got and where he left it you probably cooked the battery. Lithium batteries are particularly sensitive to high temperatures. If that's the case all that can be done is the battery needs replacing. They may or may not cover that under warranty. Depends on how nice they're being.