Logitech X-230 and PowerMac G5

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
First off I admit I'm a new to hooking up speakers to computers, outside of the Apple Pro Speakers that came with my G4 iMac, but I want to know how these speakers would hook up to my Dual 2.0Ghz G5. Is there anyway to use my digital out using a toslink cable with these speakers? Also what are the best cheap (yes I know stupid question) to be able to use my digital output on my G5. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Whats up with the Logitech X-230 in your title?

I'm assuming that u are trying to use the X230's with the Powermac G5, and will answer with that assumption.

As far as I know the X-230's have Analoge audio, which is a 3.5mm jack often used for headphones. Why did you particurlaly want optical output? Analogue has been good enough for a lot of people for a lot of years and I fail to see the advantages gained by using lasers instead of electricity.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    Thanks for the reply pyriX. Yes I was wondering refering to use the Logitech X-230 with my PowerMac G5. So there is no real advantage to using optical output for audio over the standard 3.5mm jack?