iTunes 4.9 in 60 days...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
SO other than a new Podcast feature what are we expecting? I reckon there will be a new iPod that needs a new function - but then I'm optimistic.

So let's start the guesses...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    A new iPod is fairly likely - the 4th gen has effectively been around for a year by then, and it will be 150 days since the last update, a figure only slightly below average. Looking forward to a more scratch resistant aluminium 5th gen iPod to replace my measily mini.

There is obviously something else coming in iTunes that they haven't, since it can't take another 60 days to finish off some podcasting support can it? No idea what these other features might be though, but it's a reasonable assumption that the release could be timed for the iPod update. What these features might be though - your guess is as good as mine.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    If apple wants to be the master at a online video store and good portable video player, they will have to get it out the the gate pretty soon. Logicaly, that would be a win win situation for Apple. You can make money on renting/selling dvds, and you can sell iPods by renting/selling dvds. Right now, iTMS isnt a money maker...it just propels iPod sales, which is the money maker. As you look at the iPod line...it is seeming that it is getting harder and harder to update iPods seperatly, so I think that in the future, you will be seeing iPod updates all together. If the iPod added anything Wi-Fi or Bluetooth related for instance, they couldnt just do it in the regular iPod and not the iPod mini or photo. That would just be bad for sales. With flash, I think that the way to go would be to get a flash iPod with a screen, and keep the shuffle but with lower prices. The shuffle has been sucessful, but just because it has the name iPod in it. If rio release a product like that, it would be slaughtered. I think WWDC is a little to early for new iPods. I have my bets going for sometime in July, but deffinatly before school starts up.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    4.9 gives you podcasting.

What and when is 5.0 and why so long.

What does 5.0 have that 4.9 doesn't??

movies?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

movies?

Video podcasting.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

The shuffle has been sucessful, but just because it has the name iPod in it.

Most people refer to the shuffle as just that, the Shuffle. It has been successful because it has 4 times the capacity of a lot of similarly priced competitors that have focused on radio and mics, to their detriment. Reality is most people haven't wanted that.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

movies?

99 cent sex.

After posting this I noticed I needed something constructive so: who knows!? Probably more support for commercial content.