"Preview" software not working on powerbook

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, would like ideas to fix preview on my powerbook. Running latest version of 10.3 and it's stopped working. I download and go to open PDF files (such as job application or apartment list) and I get either the spinning beachball or nothing at all. However, in the dock the preview icon will show up with the little triangle icon. Clicking on it does nothing, the menu accross the top of the screen won't show up, whatever I try to open by double-clicking won't show up. Also, trying to print preview from printing box does not work either. I can print, but not preview it first. I've repaired permissions and run cleaning and maintance through OnyX. I have to use force quit to get the icon to go away from the dock. Any ideas? Can I download it and reinstall it from somewhere perhaps? Everything else seems to be working fine. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    My first thoughs would be to get a friend that has the latest version of Panther installed to send you a copy of Preview.app and overwrite your version of it (or just delete it first and move the copy to /Applications).

Maybe someone else has an idea as to the cause, but my first line of thought is to try this. If it works then somehow Preview.ap was damaged. If it doesn't work then you'll have to try some other things to figure out what the problem is.