Multi-login Admins in 10.3.9?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I replaced my G4 iMac running 10.3.9 with a PM running 10.4.1 and have moved all needed files to my new Mac. I want to give/sell my older iMac to a friend, but I'd like to flush it and reinstall. However, I can't load 10.4 onto the old comp and if I "restore," it would be with 10.1, rather than 10.3.

So I guess now my only option is to start a new user account for my friend and make him an admin, then kill off my original account. System Preferences > Accounts in 10.4 allows multiple Admins, but 10.3 does not.

What can I do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    voxappsvoxapps Posts: 236member
    10.3 does allow multiple admin accounts. Log into your admin account and go to System Preferences --> Accounts. Click the "+" symbol to create a new account. Then, with the new account selected, go to the "Security" tab and check the box at the bottom of the window "Allow user to administer this computer." Voila, a new (second) admin account.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks, it was right in front of me. I guess since I was looking for it to be in the same place I couldn't find it. Out of mind, out of sight.

Thanks again!