Mac mini at Apple Stores

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does anyone know how much memory Apple puts in their display models?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mynameismynameis Posts: 74member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

Does anyone know how much memory Apple puts in their display models?

It might depend on the store, the one I used there had 512mb.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    i think the one closest to me uses 256mb? so that when you buy from the store, you pay them more money to upgrade... but im not sure totally... i dont think its 512... but i could be wrong
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    before the powerbooks went to 512mb standard I went into the phoenix apple store and every model of pb on display had 512mb ram, which pissed me off because i couldn't test the out of box experience (256mb). I noticed that every single computer in the store except for a single iBook 14" had 512mb or more. this included the two Mac Mini's.

I think its bait and switch to do that. The items in the store should be stock as they are without BTO items. that way you know what you are buying.

If apple doesn't think that experience is good enough as demos for their stores, then they should modify their base standards, imho.

on another note, the local Fry's electronic's has a pretty decent selection of [wreckage] apple computers. i say wreckage because half of them are working, most are missing parts, dirty, and some sit there restarting. lovely work. Nice big display of junk apples. quite sad really as it doesn't represent the quality of the equipment.