Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
this iMac design?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    No....

This is the "new" one....

Its the future baby.... don't look back!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    I love my Power Mac, but if I had to get an iMac, I would prefer the older design compared to what they have now.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sekiosekio Posts: 150member
    I knew about the new design but was just wondering if they still made any older ones. Any reason why they changed? I think the one I posted looks better.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    There is a thread in Future Hardware asking the question whether Apple would ever bring back the form factor of the old iMac.... and I think the general consesus is no and why would you want to!

I owned one of the old LCD iMac's and I loved it but I really believe the "new" flat panel iMac is better in every way.... I mean, look at it.. It serves every purpose for a perfect AIO desktop machine.... Tiny footpint, elegant, non-obtrusive and its Apple.... what else wold you need....

But I guess it comes down to aesthetics and personal opinion.

My 2¢ anyway.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    tomjtomj Posts: 120member
    occasionally the old g4 imac comes up in the special deals section of the apple store, or there's ebay. If that's the design you want, that's probably your best bet...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sekio

this iMac design?

i guess i could understand why you'd want that imac design, its nice to be able to move around the monitor in more then 2 directions (forward, backward). But it is the future, and enjoy it, i like my new G5 imac its a beautiful machine and so easy, you get used to the new decine, no worries, although this iMac was my first mac, so i had no getting used to, just a whole bunch of reasons why its nice...