Error message when surfing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
"Safari can?t open the page ?http://www3.limewire.com/download/LimeWireOSX.dmg?. The error was: ?lost network connection? (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

Hi!

I'm getting the above message when trying to download Limewire and also when I'm trying to navigate to www.microsoft.com

I have no idea what's wrong, can someone help?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    This error has been popping up every now and then, even when surfing to the Apple website. Every version of Tiger I have had the pleasure of running(bought this iBook last June) has thrown up this error on occasion.

Not sure if this is related, but the activity window in Safari shows errors. For example, 29 of 30 items might load with the one item tagged as lost network connection(in red color font). In this case, the lost item looks like an ad and the loss is probably not critical. If the lost item was critical does the sofftware dump out the NSURLErrorDomain:-1005 message? Reloading the page sometimes works.