QuickTime 7.0.1 update delivers security fix

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday released QuickTime 7.0.1, the first maintenance release to QuickTime 7 which provides several important bug fixes, a security enhancement, and improved compatibility with Final Cut Studio. The update is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users. More detailed information on the security enhancement is available in an Apple Knowledge Base article. QuickTime 7.0 users may download the 7.0.1 update via the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism located under the Apple menu.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    ok patched. no problemas so far. ahh... feels smoother, if only because it is 7.0.1 not 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0
  • Reply 2 of 8
    phipphip Posts: 4member
    Why is there only the vaguest information about what this update contains besides the security patch? I know this update contains more than that. A real changelog would be nice!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by phip

Why is there only the vaguest information about what this update contains besides the security patch? I know this update contains more than that. A real changelog would be nice!

hmm...

what problems are you still having with quicktime 7.0.1 ??

edit: umm never mind my brain is a bit off today... i guess that's exactly your point, you wouldn't know without a proper changelog
  • Reply 4 of 8
    danielctulldanielctull Posts: 586member
    If you have a DVD rip (or any other video) with two audio tracks, you still can't uncheck one track then save it - comes up with an error message. This would be really useful to do as I don't want to open a movie and listen to both the normal movie audio and commentary tracks.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

\tIf you have a DVD rip (or any other video) with two audio tracks, you still can't uncheck one track then save it - comes up with an error message. This would be really useful to do as I don't want to open a movie and listen to both the normal movie audio and commentary tracks.

I think you can't uncheck the audio becuase it's muxed in MPEG 2. You might want to look for an MPEG 2 demuxer.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    danielctulldanielctull Posts: 586member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr Beardsley

I think you can't uncheck the audio becuase it's muxed in MPEG 2. You might want to look for an MPEG 2 demuxer.

It's a H.264/AAC movie, I can uncheck the audio and play it without that audio track, it just wont allow me to save it that way.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    Not to change the subject, but it did come in software update for me. I was having prbelm with iTunes. I wonder if they fixed the SU mechanism
  • Reply 8 of 8
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    The description in SoftwareUpdate says something about Quicktime 5 or 6 users won't be able to use QuicktimePro features. I remember seeing an article about getting QuicktimePro 6 working with a key under Tiger along-side of Quicktime 7. This update might disable that 'loophole.' At least that's what I interpreted that to mean.