Where's the Insanity?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Seems awful quiet given WWDC is next week. JUST A FEW DAYS PEOPLES!! WOOOOOO

\ i guess everyone's trying not to get their hopes up re: next gen g5 chip

well i'm hoping for a firesale on the previous-gen 12" powerbook and then swoop in on that ;-) plus nVidia Geforce 5200 Go or whatever it is called is kind of well, retro-cool now that nVidia is in PS3... and it supports CORE IMAGe!!

sorry for the use of CAPS i am excitable this morning

Woooooooo LET THE INSANITY BEGIN

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    whats this¿ generation fo the G5 powerbook? that'd be nifty.. dont suppose... nah... i figure a G6 would come out befor ei left for college, but being its a year away im not getting my hopes up and looking forward to G5 thats whats coming out of course? i think... im sorry...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    yeah its all gonna be about Tiger and the new paradigms Stevie J & Gang are into now - core image, core data, core audio, XML based stuff, dashboard, strengthening the unix underpinnings while keeping a strong Mac flavour to the whole shebang

most importantly is Stevie J's vision on how the software side of things will drive Mac sales and Mac adoption, IMHO

edit: and how it's going to generate revenue/ fame for the developers

there should be *some* hardware announcement though, just to give the proceedings some 'kick' and to say that Apple KNOWS what's going on with it's CPU pipeline and R&D
  • Reply 3 of 9
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    UNIX underpinning are strongly dependent on the work of FreeBSD and the gang, not SJ and his gang. They may optimize them, integrate them, et al, but the real work, as far as UNIX stuff is concerned, is done by volunteers for the FreeBSD project.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

UNIX underpinning are strongly dependent on the work of FreeBSD and the gang, not SJ and his gang. They may optimize them, integrate them, et al, but the real work, as far as UNIX stuff is concerned, is done by volunteers for the FreeBSD project.

fair enough, mate.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Have you tried running a *BSD? They're very snappy? and highly reliable. If I could get a pure FreeBSD with just Aqua slapped on it... that would be da bomb.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Have you tried running a *BSD? They're very snappy? and highly reliable. If I could get a pure FreeBSD with just Aqua slapped on it... that would be da bomb.

duh... me not so smart do unix thing... that's why me use makintosh oh s eX...

BSD / Unix purists on these boards have said that darwin is a 'terribly hacked' version of free bsd.

duhh... mee though not know what is differentce betweence bee-ess-dee and uniks...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

duh... me not so smart do unix thing... that's why me use makintosh oh s eX...

BSD / Unix purists on these boards have said that darwin is a 'terribly hacked' version of free bsd.

duhh... mee though not know what is differentce betweence bee-ess-dee and uniks...

im not very smart w/ unix either.... i used linux for about a year, year and a 1/2.. thats bout it.. and its been about 4-5yrs since i used linux... anyways... im off to school... l8rs
  • Reply 8 of 9
    just wanted to note that the insanity has begun as of the cNet "Nipple" article. good times
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

just wanted to note that the insanity has begun as of the cNet "Nipple" article. good times

very nice, very nice