mac mini's pc clone *cough*ripoff*cough*

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    wow...i believe it..once agian another one trying to be copied....
  • Reply 2 of 10
    jtblqjtblq Posts: 86member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xxhhwhitexx

wow...i believe it..once agian another one trying to be copied....

yeah.....i saw this and was like 'wtf?'......
  • Reply 3 of 10
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    THAT has got to be illegal.

It is a Mac Mini with an ugly button and logo in front and dents from a meat tenderizer on top.

Seriously, this is just as bad as the Luxpro thing. Apple should be well compensated for this.

Unless... it just so happens to tie in with the Apple/Intel rumors.

NOOooo!! Please no...
  • Reply 4 of 10
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Guys, Apple didn't create that form factor, it's been around for years, look here. In fact I've been to a Intel Marketing Junket where they were talking and showing mockups of mini computers two years before Apple released theirs. They looked awfully like the Mini Mac. I wouldn't jump on Aopens version to much, its going to be much faster then a Mac Mini and a better value, albeit no OSX though. Apple, yes, was the first to mass produce these gems, so Kudos for that.

Calling these rippoffs is like telling Chrysler they can't build mini-vans because Ford was first.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Guys, Apple didn't create that form factor, it's been around for years, look here. In fact I've been to a Intel Marketing Junket where they were talking and showing mockups of mini computers two years before Apple released theirs. They looked awfully like the Mini Mac. I wouldn't jump on Aopens version to much, its going to be much faster then a Mac Mini and a better value, albeit no OSX though. Apple, yes, was the first to mass produce these gems, so Kudos for that.

Calling these rippoffs is like telling Chrysler they can't build mini-vans because Ford was first.

ok..the form factors been around...granted...BUT

the frickin case is a damn near copy of the mini's case.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    They probably get it from the same asian sweatshop that apple gets their mac mini cases from.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Think about it, though. You get one of those, a Mac mini, and a KVM switch, and you have a very compact cross-platform computing system.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Just watch those Apple lawyers, its got to be a great job allways something to do.............
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aurora

Just watch those Apple lawyers, its got to be a great job allways something to do.............

LOL..ya know....
  • Reply 10 of 10
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Think about it, though. You get one of those, a Mac mini, and a KVM switch, and you have a very compact cross-platform computing system.

That's what I was thinking except without the KVM switch, you could display Windows through a remote desktop and not have the sluggishness of VirtualPC.