Limewire

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
anyone have any opinions on using Limewire?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I use it from time to time, but I don't like it much. Too much of a resource hog and somewhat sluggish due to its Java components.

I much prefere DC++ but it's not available for OSX. There are some clients written for the Direct Connect protocol, but they're either very unstable, or are abandoned as projects.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    My niece uses it download music sometimes but I've been reluctant to use it even though we dont have to worry about viruses or spyware.

I guess I'll just let it go and forget about it.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    jwmjwm Posts: 15member
    I use Limewire Pro - It does everything Im after in a P2P program.

I find it's quite easy to get what you're after quickly and only falls down on some functions.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JWM

I use Limewire Pro - It does everything Im after in a P2P program.

I find it's quite easy to get what you're after quickly and only falls down on some functions.

Maybe Ill give it a shot, but first I have to buy an external CD burner. I was just going to buy a Mac Mini after they updated it, but now that Apple is switching to Intel chips I will just wait until the Mac is Intelified
  • Reply 5 of 12
    shroomshroom Posts: 6member
    I use Limewire all the time. Use it for movies, programs , songs. I use shareware version. But I will someday get the pro version.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Is there a Mac version of Kazah?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

Is there a Mac version of Kazah?

there is no kazah for mac that is know of. But there is a program that search's

kazah,bit torant gnuella, and a few other sites it is called XFactor. Limewire is still better because it more customisable.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I wonder if people who purchase the PRO version of Limewire then think that downloading movies/music/programs without the copywright holders permission is legal.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I hope not, downloading any media without direct permission from owner is illegal.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
  • Reply 11 of 12
    you can download limewire pro from the free version
  • Reply 12 of 12
    jammjamm Posts: 37member
    There is a mac version of DC++ here .

Is you want to access the Kazaa (Fastrack network), try Poisoned, my favourite.