Advice needed on 12" iBook portable power options

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm planning on going on quite the trip this month (moving from Memphis to Tampa) and a broken wrist, arm and shoulder have relegated me to the position of backseat driver. My 12" 700Mhz G3 iBook is approaching its 3rd birthday and the battery life is pretty much what you would expect by now. Thus, I have begun to evaluate my options for powering my 'book on the road.

I've heard conflicting reports that 3rd party batteries can offer more capacity or that they are pretty crap compared to Apple's offerings.

Cigarette lighter adapters seem promising but they vary widely in price and I'm looking for something inexpensive but reliable.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    i saw somewhere that theres this cigeratte light and then at the end of it has a normal wall outlet that you can plug your charger cable into directly and its nice... my brother was goign to buy it for his old laptop that he sold to me before he sold when we were driving from wv to fl and then he sold it to me b/c he didnt want to bring it down and i need it for school so i bought a compatible battery for my powerbook...

if i can find the site, ill send it to you, they have a battery compatible to the older generation ibboks and powerbooks and their batteries are about 15-30% stronger which means the charge last longer, i average a 3hr-3hr 45min life spand depending on what im using the laptop for, hte more programs i use obviously and music i listen too obviously brings the charge down