Future Powerbook Logo

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Wow, who would have thought.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 55
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Look at the subject of this thread and then tell us why it's posted in "CURRENT HARDWARE."

• Reply 2 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by inaka

why??? i mean, that looks not like my cup of tea... hmm.. i would have to cover that logo w/ the nice white apple sticker logo.. i dont like a lot of bright colors, especially ones that stick out like that in that contrast like color\
  • Reply 3 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Jeeves, would you please pass me the revolver on the silver platter, I think it's time.......

is this revolver for me? nifty... can i use my lightsaber?
  • Reply 4 of 55
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    That's actually a very clever logo.

Looks like some people are still pissed about Apple moving to faster CPUs.
  • Reply 5 of 55
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    just keep the logo white and put a little centrino "pit" inside the apple.

• Reply 6 of 55
    the logo is interesting, but also not my cup of tea.

Don't get me wrong, I love the intel move.

But I don't like too much writing on my Mac, if it says G6 (which I would also disagree a bit with) ok.

But I don't want it to say Intel anywhere. It also never said IBM did it?
  • Reply 7 of 55
    if it wanted to have basic writing on it w/ intel, and w/e... then ok.. but the color of it is just hiddious.. i mean... are they going to come out w/ pink cases for the pb? i like the basic grey/white cases now... and if they left the cases like that w/ a terquois and pink logo on the back of the screen, it would look weird -shivers- why not white?
  • Reply 8 of 55
    well alright yes, if it is just written, on it I could at least live with it.

But it still feels abit weird
  • Reply 9 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by punica888

well alright yes, if it is just written, on it I could at least live with it.

But it still feels abit weird

it would still be weird... but if the logo is white, and basic writing (times new roman) for example.. its livable.. not great... but nothings perfect, nor can anyone win them all...
  • Reply 10 of 55
    Don't worry, Jon Ive would never put something like that on his hardware designs.

Macs will still look just like macs, beautiful.
  • Reply 11 of 55
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Look at the subject of this thread and then tell us why it's posted in "CURRENT HARDWARE."

Because with all the spurious threads being started in FH, I would look like an asshole if I dumped, I mean moved, it in there.
  • Reply 12 of 55
    well to 'ad' to the fodder....

a double page spread in The Economist we'll be seeing in while?

• Reply 13 of 55
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    i just threw up in my mouth
  • Reply 14 of 55
    oh my... but i guess its that old saying coming back to haunt us from the 4th grade... "never judge a book by its cover" or in this case.... "never judge an apple notebook by its case"... hmm... will they really be better????

and if they do have that dual operating system thing going... how great will MS be on apple??? i mean... its just not right not right i say
  • Reply 15 of 55
    My guess would be that Apple will handle this the same way they did with the G4 -- a text label under the the screen.
  • Reply 16 of 55
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by inaka

Grosse
  • Reply 17 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

oh my... but i guess its that old saying coming back to haunt us from the 4th grade... "never judge a book by its cover" or in this case.... "never judge an apple notebook by its case"... hmm... will they really be better????

and if they do have that dual operating system thing going... how great will MS be on apple??? i mean... its just not right not right i say

Well our point is we do want to judge the book by its cover.

If we wouldn't we would use IBM notebooks running emulations of MacOSX or the real thing hacked nativly coming next year.
  • Reply 18 of 55
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    inaka, I like it. A lot.

Now granted, Intel will have to take into consideration Apple's established design paradigm. Maybe you would find the logo on the back of the unit. Something like that.

As for you "I love my Mac, I want to hug my Mac, I have named my Mac, don't you dare besmirch my Mac...", Apple fans, yikes.
  • Reply 19 of 55
    naknak Posts: 101member
    Quote:

Originally posted by waytogobuddy

well to 'ad' to the fodder....

a double page spread in The Economist we'll be seeing in while?

Forgive me, but is that powerbook reddish cause of heat issues?
  • Reply 20 of 55
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    One thing to keep in mind is that apple's current offerings don't have a huge "PowerPC" or "IBM" or "Motorola" sticker/logo...come to think of it neither do PC's...most just have the sticker (which is also fairly unappealing I must admit).