Disable at Startup?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just recently switched from a PC to a Mac, and as such there are some things I'm still figuring out.

Anyway, my printer is an HP PSC 1315 all-in-one, and when I used it with my PC it would put itself in the startup processes and stuff, so that I had to go to Run->msconfig and disable its software from starting up that way. Once again, with this Mac its software is starting up when I turn on my computer now (or at least, it's appearing in the dock, when I keep trying to right-click the icon and check "Remove from dock").

How can I get this pesky software to stop appearing in the dock? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Open System Prefs. Click on Users and your account then Startup items. Remove it from here.

If it is not here then look in /Library/StartupItems and remove it from here. If its not in there then it will be in /System/Library/StartupItems becareful here as if you trash the wrong item your machine might not start.

Dobby.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I have the same problem with the G95 all in one. The HP Director automatically launchs itself everytime I restart. I looked in the startupitems and it is not listed there. Since I leave my laptop on all the time I just quit it (HP Director) and not worry about it till the next upgrade that requires a restart.

reg
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I checked both those places but it was in neither. Any other ideas?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Check that you don't have a /User/yourusername/Library/StartupItems.

Try this.

Create a dummy user and disable autologin.

Reboot the machine. Select the dummy user account and login.

Does the app start now?

If it does then it is starting while the system is booting.

If not then it starts on login.

Dobby.