Tiger Install and Virex 7.5 Residue Issues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Well I tried to remove Virex 7.5 from my Mac today by deleting the application folder...unfortunately it appears to have left behind something in the "root" that on startup is eating all of my CPU time. I have been able to "force quit" the process and everything works normally but on the next startup it returns.

Any ideas on how to permanently remove Virex until they make one compatible with Tiger?

Thanks for the help. Otherwise my performance is nicely faster...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DifferentLee

Well I tried to remove Virex 7.5 from my Mac today by deleting the application folder...unfortunately it appears to have left behind something in the "root" that on startup is eating all of my CPU time. I have been able to "force quit" the process and everything works normally but on the next startup it returns.

Any ideas on how to permanently remove Virex until they make one compatible with Tiger?

Thanks for the help. Otherwise my performance is nicely faster...

Having performed a clean install I don't have the opportunity to find out where Virex will be. Try the start-up applications in system preferences (accounts) and try deleting all Virex components. I think there was something in the utilities folder.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Wow. This place is not well traveled.

In any event, here is a link to the fix, a Virex Remover:

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...50304004522568