G5 not booting (rant)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
this is more of a complaint than anyhting...but if others know of this problem, advice/encouragement would be great.

Ok, so the new dual 2.7 ghz G5 comes in with 2 gb ram. I am pumped! Turn it on; filling out registration form, when bam, the fans start to spin up to full blast, and won't stop. The computer freezes, so I hold the power button down to shut it off. I go back to turn it on like 5 min. later and nothing, no chime, but the fans and light came on. then after another 5 min. of being on, the fans run up to high speed again, so I turn it off... Called Apple, and they wouldn't replace it, since it did boot up, (even for 5 min!) So I took it in to get repaired. Hopefully it comes back working, or something. Well, that was how my day started; the only positive that came out of it is I am now using the 20" cinema display with my 15" powerbook. So that is kind of fun.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I would have run the hardware check CD to see if there was a problem before calling Apple. If you can say: "This-or-that is broken, here is an error code..." it kinda puts them between a rock and a hard place. I learned that when dealing with Apple tech support, you can't give them any wiggle room or they will try to do the best they can to leave you hanging.