iTunes 4.9's Chapters

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Seeing the WWDC keynote and the iTMS's podcast of new music Tuesdays made me think that having chapters in certain track I have would be good. For example, the radio performances of Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy; it has 60 tracks for one series, made up of 6 episodes. If I could join the 10 odd tracks for one episode, and create tracks for each section this would be sweet.

So this gets me thinking further. QT allows the creation of chapters in movies, so will iTunes allow creation of chapter in songs? If so this could be radical to some people; Is this how Apple is going to get round the gap between songs? Allow people to join tracks, then chapter them allowing skipping between chapters to occur. We could even see chapters allowed to act like tracks, giving each separate chapter a rating etc...

In iTunes it would look much like the U2 full boxset looks on iTMS (or the podcast list shown on the keynote), little arrows for each "album"/song and each chapter in that song dropping down at the click of the arrow.

Does 4.8 already recognize chapters? (maybe tracks created in QT?)