Update to IE for OS X?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just curious if anyone knows if development is continuing on IE for OS X. Sure, I'd prefer to use OmniWeb (and do for the most part), but I'd like to see a version of IE for OS X that doesn't suck... as much. As I haven't heard anything about an update in a long, long time, I'm hoping that they're working on a new version. Anyone know if that's the case?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Who knows.. you know what really sucks? You delete IE from your HD in OS X.. and you can't go and download it again from MS.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    And AI was reporting on <a href="http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/0006/internet-explorer5.5.shtml"; target="_blank">Internet Explorer 5.5</a> a year and a half ago! Where the hell did IE go?!?

My only hunch is that, as I believe is the case with Palm Desktop for X, Apple has asked Microsoft to delay a new IE until Mac OS X is the default OS on all Macs.

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 6
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    wasnt ms supposed to release the new browser after they shiped office.Meybe an announcement at Macworl san fransisco.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by Escher:

<strong>And AI was reporting on <a href="http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/0006/internet-explorer5.5.shtml"; target="_blank">Internet Explorer 5.5</a> a year and a half ago! Where the hell did IE go?!?</strong><hr></blockquote>

IE for Mac OS X was actually called IE5.5 until the Public Beta.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by JLL:

<strong>

IE for Mac OS X was actually called IE5.5 until the Public Beta.</strong><hr></blockquote>

JLL: Thanks for clarifying this.

Escher
  • Reply 6 of 6
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Clearly Microsoft has achieved such perfection in the Mac browser niche that further development is no longer warranted.