Tiger Version of Virex to be released!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My friends at the local Apple store tell me that .mac users will have a Tiger version of Virex available in a day or two. In fact they say they already have been able to play with it as Apple employees.

Does anyone know if this is true? It seems to contradict the story on MacFixit of Monday...

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I'm not holding my breath, but if I do get a new version of Virex I will use it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    This is interesting considering Apple has dropped support for Virex on Tiger.

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2005/04/29.4.shtml
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    NAV 11 supports Tiger!!!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Well what are they waiting for? With all these viruses wreaking havoc throughout the Mac community, I know most Mac users will grasp at anything that might stop a few. If Virex waits much longer OS X will cease to exist! Apple is doomed to bankruptcy by viruses! It's madness, madness I tell you!

...oh wait, ummm....nevermind.

If anyone is interested, ClamXav is a free, open-source anti-virus app for OS X. No sense in paying to scan for nonexistent viruses.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    drumsticksdrumsticks Posts: 315member
    Antivirus for Macs are to prevent the spread of viruses to PC by accidentally sending an infected file. Basically, it allows Macs to play good neighbors. This is especially important in an office environment with mixed operating systems and files being shared all the time. Perhaps not so important for individual users.