Civilization III coming to Mac in February!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/?page=products"; target="_blank">http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/?page=products</a>;

[quote] Title: Civilization III

Genre: Strategy Â* Â* Â* Availability: Feb-02

Description: Experience a game of epic proportions where players can match wits against the greatest leaders of the world in an all-out quest to build the ultimate empire. This highly addictive journey of discovery includes exciting new features that build on and enrich the Civilization experience<hr></blockquote>

Coolness. I think I'll lay off this time-consuming game untiL summer. By then it wil lbe beyond version 1.0 and I'll have some time to play it. I love summer jobs - no homework.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I've spend so much time with Civ I, Civ II, and Civ: Call to Power. I love Civ! I can't wait to preorder so that I have it in my hot little hands on day 1. Hazah!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by Xool:

<strong>I've spend so much time with Civ I, Civ II, and Civ: Call to Power. I love Civ! I can't wait to preorder so that I have it in my hot little hands on day 1. Hazah!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Me too! Civ CTP was a bit dissappointing though, I think the new culture thing will be neat.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I love the game...wish it came out sooner.

It only is going to come out half a year after the PC version.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Many people think Alpha Centauri was the best Civilization-style game ever produced. i don't know, never played the game.

I wonder if elements from AC have been integrated into Civ III.

Things that I saw in Civ:CTP that I'd like to see in Civ III

Ranged attacks

Never having a phalanx beating a tank

Excellent Wonders

Excellent non-attack units

Public works system

Things I didn't see in CTP that Civ III should have

Bribery

Things I don't wanna see

Diplomacy AI that trades sciences dozens of times, then signs an alliance, then invades at first opportunity

Too short Modern age, too short Genetic Age, too short Diamond Age - you never had any reason to build sea colonies or space colonies. None. You built the Star Ladder and put the Nano Factory in the city on top and bilt the X Lab for almost nothing right there. Stupid. Beat the game within 20 turns of finishing Star Ladder.