Burning 10.1 Dev Tools CD

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I downloaded the 10.1 Developer Tools from Apple's site, and tried to burn the .dmg image onto a CD-R using Toast 4.12 under OS 9, however, when I put the disc into the drive the Computer told me that the disc was unreadable would I like to initialize.

Is there some trick to making this CD?

I did not mount the image if you're wondering.

Any ideas?

-'pert

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I haven't tried to burn that particular image, but I suspect that the problem is that toast 4.1 doesn't recognize what the dmg file is. If your burner is supported by apple disc burning, use disk copy to burn the image. CMD+B will do it. If not, you can use toast 5 (I've used it for dmgs without a problem). HTH
  • Reply 2 of 5
    It's a SCSI CD-R so Disc Burn is a no, but I'll try Toast 5, thank you.

-'pert
  • Reply 3 of 5
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    After miraculously being able to download the 215+ MB file over a 56k connection (overnight), what I did was decompress the disk image so that the installer pkg, read me file and such were visible in their directory...

...then I popped in a CD-RW disc, named it, and dragged the dev tools directory to it and waited for it to copy. Then I clicked the CD and it asked me if I wanted to "burn the CD", I said yes, it burned, now I have the Dev Tools CD same as if Apple sent it to me.

This was my first time burning a data CD like this so there's probably an easier way, but it seemed to work OK.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    apcapc Posts: 11member
    If you want to burn it using Toast, convert the dmg file in a Toast image with the Convert Image feature in Disk Copy. Then burn the converted image with Toast.

Hope this helps
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    sping the cd really fast and get a really hot pin and poke the cd where you want the data to show up

heh!, worked before :cool: